Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Nerd Profiling




Jill, my editor at Oni just made a Buffy reference in regards to paralleling something in my script for Love Buzz. I've not watched Buffy beyond a couple episodes into the first season, because I found it to be one of the silliest things I've ever seen. I'm not begrudging anything on people who are into Buffy, or anything. I even like some of Whedon's stuff, (Firefly, his X-Men run) but it just struck me as funny, because says it to me like it's this thing I'm absolutely supposed to know. She mentions the names Xander and Faith, and I'm like, "Okay, I've heard those names before when people are talking about Buffy, but beyond that, I got nothin'."

I get it a lot too in regards to Heroes, which is even worse, because it's such a goddamn awful show. Any time my love of comics, or the nugget slips out that I write comic books, more times than I can count, people are asking me what I thought of last week's Heroes, or saying I must be a huge fan of the show, when in truth, it makes me want to vomit up my gizzards.

Anyway, I am amused. This stuff ever happen to anyone else?

No comments: